Exciting Employment Opportunities
It’s not just a paycheck when working in the Praise Zone ministry as a paid staff member, it’s a calling. If you have a heart to serve and feel God calling you to work in ministry at the Praise Zone, whether full or part time, we encourage you to check out our current vocational opportunities.
Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations (1 Peter 3:8-9).
Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and support the work and ministry of the Praise Zone (Romans 10:13; 1 Corinthians 15:58; Exodus 35:10).
Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor (Ephesians 6:5-8).
Must be willing to submit to a drug test and background check prior to employment and ramdom drug testing and background checks after employment.
The Kirkland Memorial Second Church of God in Christ, Inc. (The Praise Zone) is currently in search of a part-time accomplished contemporary - gospel music Hammond organist, and a proficient Drummer. These positions will require performance for our worship service during our 11 AM Worship Services each Sunday, special services, and the associated band and choir rehearsals leading up to the Sunday worship services. A drummer that is proficient in drumming. Complimentary use of a drum machine to compliment the sound is preferred only.
Drummer and/or Guitarist must compliment the sound for our ministry, not need to be the center of attention or overpower the total sound mix with loud drumming. Being able to follow the direction of the organist and/or the minister of music is critical to success.
The Praise Zone is an exciting, lively, friendly and growing place of worship, with a core focus on enhancing the lives of its members and reaching new souls for The Kingdom of God. Our Music Department has four choirs, four praise teams, and several spirited services requiring a very skilled and experienced gospel organist. If you meet the qualifications listed below, and wish to work in this exciting environment, please complete our employment application found by clicking the following hyperlink:
Click The PDF Below For Our Employment Application
Click the PDF Employment Application document above, then print the application, attach the completed and signed application to an email with a copy of your resume as attachments. email your completed application and resume to , or fax both the application and resume to 1-240-595-6158. Telephone calls from ANY candidate, prior to our confirmed receipt of a completed and signed application along with a typed resume by email or fax, will not be considered for employment. An inability to follow direction(s) is unacceptable for the leadership positions listed.
Employment agencies, agents, and any third parties will not be considered, nor will any agent/agency be paid a fee for any services rendered for any prospective employee.
Minimum requirements in addition to other requirements deemed necessary by the ministry to perform the duties and responsibilities of employment include but are not limited to:
· High School diploma/GED or higher;
· Able to legally work within the United States;
· Able to play for worship services and choir/praise team rehearsals totaling an average of 14 hours per week (Worship Services: Friday 8 PM, Sunday 8 AM, 11 AM and 6 PM;
· Flexibility to work longer hours per week for special events and services (21 hours over six days the last Sunday of September through 1st week of October each year, and the same over six days in the Spring of each year);
· Must Be A Non-Smoker and Drug Free;
· Pre-Employment and Post Employment Drug Testing and Background Check are conditions of employment.
· Must be willing to wear business formal attire: dress/skirt if female, or shirt, tie and slacks if male, and/or a supplied robe on all days of worship and services (no T-Shirts, shorts, etc.);
· No display of body piercing of any sort whatsoever are allow when on premises and/or during the performance of any duties associated with this position.
· No tatoos of any sort are to be displayed or visible at any time when on premises and/or during the performance of any and all duties associated with this position.
· If organist or keyboardist is being considered for employment, he/she must be able to play the Hammond B3 series organ in a live setting, three (3) years experience plus as an Organist preferred;
· Must be knowledgeable of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce and perform music;
· Must be capable of improvisation;
· Must be able to follow directives given by the Minister of Music or his/her designated staff, and the Pastor of the church;
· Must be able to play with or without other live musical accompaniment
· Must be able to play by “ear” (no need for sheet music) and/or from memory;
· Must be skilled and flexible enough to play songs in various keys, natural keys, higher and lower keys (including flats or sharps), to the extent that any vocalist is comfortable
· Must be flexible to accompany vocalists in congregational settings with non-rehearsed selections;
· Must be able to assist the Minister of Music or his/her designated staff in teaching music parts to vocalists and choir.
· Salary is dependent upon actual experience, music background, and equally important, a demonstration of actual skills during the interview(s) and live skill review(s).
Again, If you meet the pre-requisites, qualifications and conditions of employment listed above, and wish to work in this exciting environment, please complete our employment application, then email both your application and resume as attachments to email@example.com.